SOG seal pup elite
















SOG SEAL Pup Elite, black TiNi finish and Kydex sheath


Straight edge version

Blade length- 4.85 inches
Overall length- 9.5 inches
Weight- 5.4 ounces
Blade- AUS 8 steel
Handle- Glass reinforced Zytel
Made in Taiwan



So this knife is designed for, as per the name the US Navy SEALs so a huge part of this knife is to be able to perform in salt water so corrosion resistance is a huge factor.
The handle has a great and I mean great feel to it an especially when wet it still seems to stick to the hand with the textured handle.
Now this version is an upgrade to the SEAL pup and has thicker steel stock (.185)
the handle is longer, the blade is shaped slightly different and the rasping allows better thumb placement.
This knife has great balance in the hand and in combination with the Velcro kydex attachment can be placed almost anywhere.
The sheath has a notch built in which allows you to cut cordage without removing the knife which is a great feature.
While kyaking this past summer I used the velcro sheath to attach to my lifejacket which was very handy!
The knife comes with a Nylon sheath as standard and I paid extra for the Kydex option.
I was looking for a "survival" knife and this blade seems to have hit the target for me.
I highly recommend this knife.