BEAM Head (Version B)

I have completed (with the help of my friend Matt) the mechanical platform for my BEAM Head (Version B). It was milled by Matt on a Hurco CNC Milling Machine. I showed up with my two gear motors and some ideas and Matt really took it from there. Here are pictures of what was created.



The motor that I am using seems to be widely available.
I got mine from BGMicro.

The following driver and sensor circuit has been breadboarded - it contains 3 parts:

  • signal sensing circuit
  • signal inverter
  • h-bridge
The final product is shown in this video. It is fully autonomous and tracks the brightest object in the room. If the light source contains enough energy, it will charge the onboard batteries. There is a small on-off switch to shut down the system, still allowing charging.